People ask me why I am standing for election as the Member of Parliament for Christchurch & East Dorset
I firmly believe our next MP must work hard for the issues and the policies which are important to local residents, including:
- The quality of education in our schools and colleges
- The state of our NHS which we all use
- The reliability and cost of our transport network including our bus services
- The development of our town centres including restoring our Post Offices and protecting valued local amenities like the Barrington Centre in Ferndown
I appreciate these concerns as I, personally, live in Hurn with my wife, Fiona, and our family. In total we have 4 children and 4 grandchildren.
However, actions speak louder than words, so, for many years, I have got involved in the communities I’ve lived in – over the years, I have:
- acted as a School and College governor for 25 years,
- served as a London Councillor for 8 years
- worked for several local charities and
This year I was elected as a Christchurch Town Councillor for Priory ward and BCP Councillor for Christchurch Town ward
Professionally, I am a Chartered Accountant who set up his own business and built it into a national practice and am now involved as a non executive in businesses ranging from finance to engineering.
Why Vote Liberal Democrat?
- We will stop Brexit by revoking Article 50 and start addressing the problems of inequality, climate change and investment in infrastructure, building a fairer, more sustainable country
- We will put billions into our NHS and Schools, but we will show how we will pay for this.
- We will protect the vulnerable in society, expanding mental health care, protecting our adult social care and keeping pensions safe.
Liberal Democrats demand better for Britain. We want a Britain which is Open, Tolerant and United.
On election day you will have a Choice – Make it the Right Choice.
Change the future of Britain by voting for Mike Cox – the New Voice of Christchurch and East Dorset.